1. The Statute - this Statute that provides the rules of electronic services via the FirstClassFood.pl Online Shop.
2. The Online Shop – an Internet service available at www.FirstClassFood.pl through which the customer may in particular make orders.
3. The Customer - a natural person (having at least limited legal capacity and 18 years), as well as a legal person or an organizational unit without legal personality, which has legal capacity and capacity to act.
4. The Order – the declaration about a Customer’s will, directly aiming at the Sales contract conclusion, that defines in particular the type and the number of the Goods, which is in accordance with this Statute.
5. The Sales Contract - a contract of sale of the Goods within the meaning of the Civil Code, concluded between FirstClassFood.pl and the Customer, which is concluded via the Online Shop.
6. The Price - should be understood as gross price of the Goods given next to the information about the Goods, which does not include the cost of delivery. The Prices which are given on FirstClassFood.pl are expressed in Polish zloty or euro and include VAT.
§2 General Provisions
1. The FirstClassFood.pl Online Shop, operating at www.FirstClassFood.pl is run by FIRST CLASS FOOD Monica Czyżewska-Wośkowska, Konopnica 90H, 21-030 Motycz, POLAND, NIP (Tax Identification Number) : PL 712 005 41 72, REGON (National Business Registry Number): 430005763.
2. The Statute defines the rules of the use of the Online Shop available at www.FirstClassFood.pl.
3. The Statute is referred to in Art. 8 of the Act of 18 July 2002. on the provision of electronic services (Journal of Laws of 2002 No. 144, item. 1204):
a) the rules of the registration and the use of the account in the Online Shop; b) the terms and conditions of the electronic ordering in the Online Shop;
b) the rules of the Sales Contract concluding with the use of services offered by the Online Shop. 4. The Customers can get access to this Statute at any time via the website www.FirstClassFood.pl and make printed copies.
§3 Orders making
1. The Customers Orders are taken by the Online Shop 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, on a website www.FirstClassFood.pl. The Online Shop does not execute orders on public holidays in Poland.
2. To complete the Customer Order in the Online Shop you need a computer with operating system allowing you to access the Internet using Web browser. To take full advantage of the opportunities offered by our website the Customer should: use Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Safari, or Firefox, have Macromedia flash-player plug-in, enable Java Script, frames and CSS.
3. The Orders can be made after signing up, logging in the Online Shop and accepting the Statute provisions, or after accepting the Statute provisions and entering the data indispensable for a shipment.
4. The login and password are confidential and the customer bears sole responsibility for damages caused by its disclosure to a third party. The Customer who uses the login and password is required to update their registration data in every case they change. The responsibility for the lack of update is borne by the Customer.
5. The Customer makes an order, selecting the product, by clicking on the icon "Add to Cart" and then in their cart, they select the method of payment.
6. When making the Order, the Customer, passing the obligatory steps, decides about:
a) the choice of goods ordered and their quantity;
b) the shipping address;
c) the data for invoice if needed (and obligatory if the address of delivery is in a country other than Poland). The invoice data may differ from the data given as the delivery address;
d) the form of payment.
7. The Customer, after ordering, receives an e-mail with the information on making the order in the Online Shop and acceptance of the order.
9. If the goods ordered by the Client is not available, the Online Shop immediately, not later than in seven (7) days of taking of the order, will inform the Customer about the lack by e-mail or telephone, in order to discuss the details of the order.
9. The Customer agrees on reception of the Order and on paying of the price along with the cost of delivery of the Order, given by the Shop Online.
10. The sale contract is concluded in the Online Shop, after the acceptance of the Order by the customer.
§ 4 The Modification of the Orders that have been made
1. The customer has the right to make changes in the Order that has been made.
2. The Costs incurred by the Online Shop in connection with the modification of the Order by the Customer after its sending will be borne by the customer.
3. The modifications of Orders can be made by sending e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The changes made by the Customer may concern in particular the following issues: shipping address and phone number.
§ 5 Payment
1. The Payment must be done:
a) by payment to the Online Shop account by making an electronic transfer, bank transfer or by using credit card. The execution of the Order will begin after the payment confirmation is received by the Online Shop,
b) within 7 days of the Sales Contract conclusion with the Online Shop.
§ 6 The timing and execution of the order
1. The shipping of goods is limited to the territory of the Republic of Poland and European Union countries (excluding Cyprus, Malta, the Azores, the Canary Islands, the Balearic Islands and Ceuta). The goods will be delivered on the address given by the Customer during the Order making.
2. The shipment of goods is performed by the suppliers:a) the courier companyb) The Online Shop private transport
3. Costs and delivery time will be given while Order making.
4. The Online Shop prepares the Order to be ready to send within 48 hours on weekdays, after receiving the confirmation of payment.
5. The term "to be ready to send" means the time required to complete the order, pack the goods and transfer them to the shipment.
6. Online Shop is not liable for non-delivery of goods or delay of their delivery resulting from incorrect data or shipping address that has been given by the Customer.
7. The reception of products delivered by the Supplier must be acknowledged by the Customer by written confirmation.
8. When receiving the Goods the Customer is obliged to check thoroughly whether the Order is not violated and that its condition is satisfactory. In case of damage, the Customer together with the Supplier should write down the damage report, which will include: date, time of delivery and the description of damage or defects.
§ 7 Complaint
1. Complaints are dealt with under the provisions of the Act of 27 July 2002. on special conditions of consumer sales and amending the Civil Code ( Journal of Laws of 2002 No. 141, item . 1176)
2. Claims arising from the breach of the Customer’s rights guaranteed by law, or by this Statute must be sent to: FIRST CLASS FOOD Monika Czyżewska - Wośkowska, Konopnica 90H 21-030 Motycz or email@example.com.
3. The Online Shop FirstClassFood.pl is obligated to consider any complaint within 14 days, and if it is not possible to inform the Customer within that period about the time of considering their complaint.
4. The Online Shop FirstClassFood.pl is not the manufacturer of the goods.
§ 8 Returns and right of withdrawal
1. The Customer is entitled to withdraw from the Sales Contract within 14 calendar days of its conclusion without giving any reason, by providing the resignation in writing by post to the following address: FIRST CLASS FOOD Monika Czyżewska-Wośkowska, Konopnica 90H, 21- 030 Motycz or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. It does not apply to the goods which due to their nature cannot be returned or whose subject is perishable.
2. The right of withdrawal will expire after 14 days from the date on which you acquire possession of goods or a third party other than the Supplier or indicated by you came into possession of things.
3. The customer can withdraw from the Sales Contract under the terms of paragraph. 1, only if the goods have not been opened or damaged.
4. The goods must be returned in deteriorated condition, and also packed in a way that ensures that no damage to the shipment has been made during transport
5. In case of withdrawal from the Sales Contract referred to in paragraph. 1 , the package containing the product should be returned to the Shop in the same condition , at the expense of the Customer by courier to the Online Shop address within 10 days of the submission of the declaration of withdrawal from the Sales Contract. The package must contain a bill of sale or invoice issued by the Online Shop.
6. Refunds will take place immediately, not later than within 10 days:a) to the same credit card account from which the payment was made - in the case of credit card payments;b) to the same bank account from which the payment was made - in the case of transfer payments through electronic transfer or bank transfer. 7. The Online Shop reserves the right to claim damages on general principles under the Civil Code, if they suffer harm as a result of the Customer’s default of duties incumbent on them under the law, for instance in connection with the withdrawal from the Sales Contract, in particular for the return of package in changed condition, unless a change was necessary in the ordinary use.
§ 9 Modifications of the Statute
1. The Shop under the conditions that are described below, may make amendments to the Statute of the important reasons such as changes in law; changes in the forms of payment and shipment; changes in the scope of payments or the form of sale; changes of the Online Shop address - to the extent to which these changes affect the implementation of the provisions of this Statute.
2. Any changes of the Statute will be published online, but the further use of the site shall be deemed as acceptance of the new Statute.
3. In case a change of the Statute results in the introduction of any new taxes or increase in existing ones, the Customer, who is a consumer, has the right to withdraw from the Contract.
4. The Statute that has been changed involves the Customer, if the Customer has been properly informed about the changes and has not withdrawn from the agreement.
5. The modifications of the Statute shall in no way prejudice the acquired rights of the Customers, who are also consumers, using the Online Shop before the entry into force of the modifications. In particular the modifications to the Statute will have no impact on the already deposited or made orders, and concluded, realized or executed Sales Contracts.
§10 Cookies Support
§11 Personal data
2. The Customer agrees to the processing of their personal data by the Online Shop and ensures that all data submitted by them are correct.
1. Submissions containing questions, suggestions, information about the existing problems regarding the Online Shop, may be passed in one of the following ways:
a) by an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com,
b) on the following telephone number: + 48 606 561 561 on weekdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
2. The Online Shop as soon as possible will respond to the Customer's message requiring such a response.
§13 Final Provision
1. This Statute is in force from 1st March 2015.
2. Any transactions, correspondence and contacts between the Customers and the Online Shop FirstClassFood.pl are made or conducted in Polish.
3. In matters not regulated herein shall be governed by the Civil Code, the provisions of the Act of 30 May 2014. on consumer rights (Journal of Laws from 24th June 2014.) and other relevant provisions of Polish law.
4. This Statute and Sales Contract (and any non-contractual obligations arising out of these rights or related) are subjects to Polish law.
5. Settlement of any disputes arising between FirstClassFood.pl and the Customer will be subject to mediation. If within 30 days of the appointment of a mediator or another additional period of time agreed upon by the parties, the mediation has not resulted in an amicable settlement, the dispute shall be submitted to the competent court to the legal address of FirstClassFood.pl.
6. The content of the website www.FirstClassFood.pl is covered by copyright protection. Photos, descriptions and graphics made by the Shop are protected by copyright. The Online Shop does not agree to any copying, processing, distribution or consolidation of the content of the website in part or whole without permission.
7. This Statute is an integral part of the Sales Contract concluded by the Customer with the Online Shop.